Why Isn’t My Website ranking? Pt 2
The truth is that there could be a number of things holding you back. They may include:
- Unsatisfactory content
- Plagiarized content
- Untouched, old content
- Poor navigation
- Split keyword focus
- Incomplete basics such as schema markup, alt tags, and metas
- No links (even though there are many ways to get them, not all are worth having and others could prove fatal)
- No blog (no way of continually refreshing content)
- You have not marketed the website
The bottom line is that you need a good portfolio of links from different sources. Well, even though this is the case, there are some links that are not good for a website. At the same time, you should never think of buying links. Link schemes are also bad for you. Therefore, the best way to do this is a natural way and avoid those that might raise flags.
And of course, there are bad links. For example:
If you get targeted by someone with ill intent. What does this mean? Well, some people may begin using unethical tactics on your website.
Such people do not actually have a reason to do this. They simply target a website and choose to inject malicious codes. Other may start scraping your blogs and republishing all of your contents. Others choose to build several links to your website from questionable websites.
Remember, Google is very good at spotting negative SEO attacks. Nevertheless, you do not want to risk your website and the penalties that may come because of the issue. Therefore, it is wise to always stay on guard.
This is another factor why your website is not ranking. Because of some unprofessionalism, Google may decide to penalize your website. Often, the manual action to penalties is a complete removal of your website from Google’s search engine result page.
Therefore, if you were ranked very well on the result page and then you notice a huge drop in rank (if not completely out of the rankings), then automatically know that you are on the wrong side. This simply means that there is something wrong with your website and you are being penalized.
With this problem, the only thing you can do is to check the Google Manual Action report, and then start correcting the issue(s). The moment you receive such a report, it simply means that Google’s personnel (not robots) has reviewed your website and determined that it is no longer complying with Google’s Guidelines.
What Factors Could Cause Such Actions To My Local Houston SEO?
Well, Google can penalize your website if the person reviewing it finds that you have:
- A hacked Website This simply means that a person hacked your website and hidden or uploaded hateful information on the website
- Has User Created Spam The Website uses spam comments on the blog or forum
- Spammy Structured Markup This means using markups on a page that are outside the guidelines. For examples, making certain contents invisible to users.
- Spammy Freehosts This means pages that are hosted on spammy services
- Unnatural Links from the Website This means having unnatural links coming from your website
- Unnatural Links to the website Just like the above but vice vasa.
- Content with No Added value The pages must offer help or add value to users.
- Sneaky or Clocking Redirects This simply means showing different pages to users and Google.
- Clocked Images Manipulating images with the aim of getting more clicks.
- Keyword Stuffing and Hidden texts These techniques worked in the past, but Google does not recommend using them anymore.