What Are Houston SEO Poachers?
Sooner or later an SEO poacher will probably contact you, and these are con artists you want to avoid. SEO, short for search engine optimization, poachers could care less about your rankings, nor do they care about building a meaningful business relationship with you. Money is what they care about.
Do you know how to protect yourself from SEO poachers? You need to learn how to do this and how to spot them. With that said, if you want to find out more, then read on.
What Is An SEO Poacher In Houston?
If you want to hire an SEO company, then you need to hire one that will work with your goals in mind. A poacher uses shady SEO tactics and they steal clients from companies that have built a reputation. Poachers have no interest or intentions to help you succeed with SEO, and the only thing they are knowledgeable about is scamming people.
If you decide to stop using a reputable SEO company and go with a poacher, then you’re asking for problems. For starters, you’ll be putting yourself at risk of being hit with penalties from Google. If this happens, you’ll have to work hard for the next few weeks or months to get your rankings back. Let’s not forget your reputation will take a hit.
Spotting A Poacher
Do you know how to spot an SEO poacher? There are a number of red flags to look for. These red flags include:
- Unsolicited Emails- These types of emails typically start off by saying someone referred them to you. They don’t mention who that someone is.
- Errors Are Listed- The poacher claims there are SEO errors on your site. The chances are no errors exist and they are blatantly lying to you.
- Emotional Appeal- An emotional appeal may be given to you. This may come off as the world will end if certain issues are not addressed. Some emails may claim you are missing out on a chance of achieving huge success if you don’t take specific action right now.
- Blaming- The writer might blame your current SEO company for not taking care of certain issues. They will hint that your SEO provider isn’t doing a good job.
- Guaranteed Results- The poacher may say they can give you guaranteed results. The truth is that nobody can provide guarantees like this, especially in regards to first page rankings for highly competitive keywords.
- The Hook- The poacher eventually tells you to join them, and then they will tell you they will help you get results right away.