Why Won’t My Website Rank Pt 3
You Treat Your Website Like It Lives in a Vacuum
The problem with this is that SEO does not live in a vacuum. It exists with web content, social media, pay-per-click, and other online components.
You are not being sold on a host of our other services. We are simply pointing out that online marketing is more holistic than ever before.
All elements are important to rank including the time visitors stay on your site, how often people click through it, the number of times it is mentioned online and how much engagement you get on social media.
Some things will impact your rank more directly than others, but every component is important.
Google looks at more than the signals that are being put forth from your website.
This is not to say that posting consistently on Facebook equals better ranking. We are saying that if you build a community on Facebook and on other platforms, more people will visit your website, read your content and click your links.
All these things lead to more than higher rankings.
Today, the most common reason for not getting a website to rank is:
- Competitors Are Doing More Than You
- You are doing SEO in a vacuum.
- Search engine optimization is not a secret to the competition like it was years ago. It is a crucial part of today’s marketing. For every link you don’t build and for every blog you don’t publish you are falling behind your competitors.
- If you think you do not need SEO or that you have done enough, someone out there will prove you wrong.
- If you have been testing the SEO waters, you should start to see your website go up in rank. If you don’ t jump in, you will find that other companies have beat you to the results you want to get.
- Bear in mind that when you start implementing SEO strategies it is not about you against Google. It is you against your competitors. All these competitors are vying for a top spot in a limited arena. competition. And you’re all aiming to set up shop in a very limited space.
- Small Changes Make Big Differences
By now, you are thinking there is a lot to do to climb up to the search engine ranks.
And you’re right.
But, that’s all the more reason to start now. Begin by thinking of the small changes that you can make to your site. Do this before you decide to either hire an SEO company or stick with in-house experts.
If your site has not ranked yet, give it a little more time.
If this does not work, you will need to overhaul your site completely.
Whichever it is, look at your situation carefully and start small.
You will be surprised how much simple changes will help.
Call us or contact us today for your free consultation. Visit our blog for more related articles on how to execute the best SEO in Houston! Click here for the First installment of this article, And here for the second.