Important Things To Know About Social Media Marketing
In today’s digital business landscape, social media has emerged as one of the most effective marketing opportunities. If you are still wondering about the importance of social media marketing, let us help you understand how our online marketing and social media marketing services will help you stay on top. We realize the importance of social media and this is why, we offer a completely free and downloadable white paper on this topic including the benefits of social media for your business, the contents of this blog, some content tips as well as a complete strategy guide on social media.
Social Media – What & Why
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of social media, let us define marketing. Simply put, marketing is the process of creating and communicating messages that your customers value.
The goal of social media marketing is to establish a brand and enhance its visibility through direct communication with potential customers in order to build and establish long-lasting relationships.
If you are still wondering about the importance of social media, you should know that in today’s time, social media networks remain one of the fastest-growing industries in the whole world. You might have read that quite a few times as everything related to Internet marketing gets hyped these days.
Keep in mind that social media is projected to grow at an annual rate of 25% over the next 5 years which means you need to begin today in case you have not started already.
Social Networking Sites
The Internet marketing industry is continuously growing and this has also led to continuous growth in the numbers and reach of various social networking sites. All these sites have their own characteristics and goals. Here are a few examples of the most well-known social media networks.
There is no denying the fact that Facebook remains the biggest and most powerful social network with a monthly active user base of more than 1.55 billion. Whether it is a Fortune 500 company or a start-up, everyone needs to be on Facebook to engage with existing as well as potential customers.
Another well-known social media platform is Twitter. It is popular as the most “in the moment” network. In terms of numbers, there are 255 million active monthly users on Twitter. It is an excellent digital marketing tool for businesses looking to reach out to customers and engage them. The key to being successful on Twitter is to be quick and smart.
Another highly popular network is Instagram which is more of a visual platform. Users on Instagram like to engage by commenting, sharing, and posting. A picture represents more than just words.
When it comes to professional social networking platforms, LinkedIn is the leader. Its main focus is on B2B marketing.
Some other popular social network platforms include Pinterest, YouTube as well as Google+. There is also Snapchat which has grown tremendously over the past few years and currently boasts of more than 6 billion views on a daily basis.
What do you think about these social networking platforms? Let us know if there are any other sites where you connect with consumers and share your digital media.
Marketing Strategy – Social Media
Like traditional marketing, your social media also need to have a strategy. Jumping in without having the right strategy and plan in place can be as damaging as having no plan at all. Feel free to use our social media marketing strategy checklist to add to your online digital marketing strategy.
When it comes to social marketing, a strategic approach is focused on the creation and distribution of relevant and valuable content on a consistent basis. It helps in attracting and then, retaining a well-defined audience base.
You need to have clear goals. For instance, whether you want to use social media marketing for enhancing customer loyalty or for other purposes.
You need to be clear about the target audience. The use of demographics is a good start but you need to dig deeper with the help of psycho-graphics.
- Form of Social Media – Decide on the type of digital media that will maximize your connection with your target audience. It could be in the form of video, podcast, blog, and other such things.
- Strategy for Specific Social Network – There are countless networks and not every network (even those with more than 100 million active users) is worth your time. So, choose a network that adds a lot of value to your business and keep your focus on it.
- Keep Testing – Clearly define your goals. It will help you in measuring the effectiveness of your marketing strategy. Try different things and engage with the targeted audience in order to figure out things that work and things that don’t.
Social Media Marketing Benefits
Many of you reading this blog post might have already identified the lack of a social media marketing service as the missing link to connect with your customers. Business owners who are still on the edge about investing in social media marketing, here are a few facts to help you realize why you need to invest in social media marketing now.
- Brand Awareness – Social media marketing can be immensely helpful in increasing your brand awareness. In fact, 78% of small businesses already make use of various social media platforms to get new customers. Also, 33% of customers use social media to discover new brands for the products and services they want.
- Brand Validation – Brand validation is the need of the hour today as there are thousands of brands selling the same products. When you have an active presence on social media, it tells consumers that your brand is active and is willing to positively communicate with customers. 63% of potential customers who go online to find businesses are more likely to patronize a business with an engaging presence on social media.
- Customer Loyalty – You can use social media to enhance customer loyalty. In fact, you can use social media to convert your existing customers into vocal proponents of your brand. 71% of customers who get a quick response from a business on a social media channel are more likely to recommend that particular brand to others.
Call Us To Get Started With Your Social Media Marketing Plan Today
Do you have a social media marketing strategy? If you do not have one or want to understand how to measure the returns on your social media investment, call us today.